Dear 23 You,
Happy Belated Birthday, Sugh. You are a year older and each day that has passed, you’ve become a bit wiser.
This is my gift to you, the New Year is approaching and there a few things you need to let go of, a few things you need to accept, understand and learn.
- Trust God. Have faith. Remember no matter the situation, you have purpose. Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
- Don’t seek, don’t search, don’t ask, don’t knock, don’t demand – relax. If you relax, it comes. If you relax, it is there. If you relax, you start vibrating with it.
- Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He’s the one who will keep you on track.
- Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.
- It’s okay to be sad, but try not to forget about what makes you happy.
- Stay away from people who make you feel like you’re hard to love.
- Don’t waste another minute dealing with a toxic, negative, energy-draining person. Some people are wired for negativity. They love being argumentative, combative and abusive. Run for your life as quickly as possible.
- Your naked body should only belong to the person who falls in love with your naked soul.
- If you want good things to happen in your life you first have to believe good things are possible for yourself. Quit allowing negative and cynical thinking to get in the way of the good life you deserve.
- You’re supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for god’s sake! Stop seeking validation.
- Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.
- Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.
- Everything you feel to say, say it. DO NOT hold anything back. Nothing you feel should be subjected by the fear of a reaction.
- You can be a good person with a kind heart and still say no.
- Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.
- You will move on. You will let go of him. Don’t beat yourself up because you haven’t yet. Give yourself time.
- If you want to be proud of yourself, then do things in which you can take pride.
- Always give people the benefit of the doubt – but if something feels off, trust your intuition.
- At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and that has to be enough.
- Believe people when they show you who they are the first time.
- Never stop believing in love. No matter how much it hurts.
- Be patient with your plans. Be grateful for your opportunities. Stay awake, pay attention. Escape. Commit. Keep moving. Keep asking. Raise a glass for the wins, raise a glass for the losses. The good news is, you are strong enough to get knocked down and then try again.
- In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.